Friday, May 4, 2012

She's here! and a whole lot of fabric is too

There's been a lot going on lately, giving me little time to post, but Monday of this week deserves a mention.
First of all, my dress form finally came! She still needs a name; I'm a little stumped. My friends have made some good suggestions, but none of them feel quite right. Here she is in her natural habitat:


I think there's someone in my room every time I walk in... wonder how long it's going to take for me to get used to that.
Draping my Victorian costume skirt is a lot easier with the form, though the bodice does not fit her at all because of my sway back, even with the size set to the smallest one (which is around 3 inches smaller than me).

That same day, I went fabric shopping and came home with something like 35 yards of these awesome fabrics! I'm hoping to use some of them to make items for sale, most likely skirts and bloomers/lounge shorts. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I know the market for these items is pretty saturated but eh, might as well give it a try, that is, if I find the time to.

No comments:

Post a Comment