Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I could really use a wish right now ~

Airplanes by B.o.B. has been stuck in my head since I started working on this skirt. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, here's a remix I kind of like of the song in question (on youtube).


I really like how the skirt looks paired with this top. I've had it for years but never wore it until now. Glad I didn't get rid of it!

As you may have noticed, I love quirky prints in clothing, so when I saw this fabric at the store I knew right away it was meant to be a skirt. One of the best parts: the repeat of the print was the right size to use without cutting any planes in half.

The skirt has side-seam pockets, two rows of elastic in the waistband, thread belt loops, and a hand-done invisible hem. As far as I remember, this is the first project I used my serger on. I like how much faster than zig-zagging it is, but for some reason the stitching is not very pretty. I need to fiddle with the tension settings on it, and learn how to keep the stitching from coming apart where I start/stop.

One of the more popular questions about my skirts when I'm out in public is "do you have something under it to make it so big/poofy/etc.?" I usually answer by flashing a couple inches of petticoat. To answer the question in picture form, here's what it looks like if you were to peek under my skirt! Of course I'd normally have legs, not a metal pole like my dress form : P


No comments:

Post a Comment