I'm never quite sure which one is correct. In any case, this is one of the items I mentioned making in my last post. I finally got some photos! It's pretty straightforward, with some extra finishing I don't do all the time because I made it with the intention of selling it.
The skirt has two layers of ruffles, with the bottom one sewn to a lining. It has some black venise lace on the hem, and an elastic waistband. I like using two channels of elastic because it keeps the waistband flatter, so most of my skirts have this kind of waist.
This is what the inside looks like - it has french seams and I used some twill tape (not visible because it's on the other side) to cover up the gathered edge of the bottom ruffle (hence the two rows of stitching above it). I'm pretty happy with this finish, not sure why I don't have a photo of it.
I didn't have any major problems while sewing it, though I used my relatively new ruffler foot and had a little trouble getting the ruffles the correct length. It's hard to know how to set it to get the right amount of ruffle for whatever you're attaching it to, if that makes sense.
On an unrelated note, I got this super raven-esque vintage hat the other day:
I'm not really sure where to or how to wear it, but ah! It's so awesome!