Thursday, January 2, 2014 I made a bunch of shirts

I've been wanting to make some phat pants for the Etsy store ever since several people asked me why I didn't have any. This project requires drafting some patterns and figuring out design details that are a bit intimidating, and require a ton of motivation that doesn't come easily.

I did suddenly get some motivation the other day though, so I made some shirts!

This shirt wasn't my size but I liked the fabric so I bought it anyways, thinking I'd eventually figure out something to do with it.

I ended up using the sleeves for one shirt and the top half of the original shirt for a crop top. I still have some pieces left over for whenever I think of something else to make. The body of the first shirt and binding on the other is some plain knit I had laying around.

The first time I did the binding on the armholes it came out too tight, so I had to re-do it. I also found out this fabric runs, which is kind of annoying but there isn't much I can do about it.

I liked how this top came out so I made another out of a jersey Hello Kitty sheet I've had for a while (and also used for the dress in my previous post). The top uses the same dress as the previous post for a pattern as well.

I made this on New Year's Eve and wore it out that night (because I just make new outfits when I can't think of what to wear...) The utility belt is also new and you can read more about it here.

My New Year's Eve was pretty ridiculous (but some fun was definitely had, along with some not so fun), and I hope you all had a good time! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment