You know, Gosia Gal? I'm sure you've heard of her. She has the powers of... um... finding things? Yea, I'm pretty good at finding things (or remembering where they are I guess).
Anyways, this post is actually about my new utility belt! Some friends were talking about belts with pockets aka utility belts and well, I made one because that's what happens.
It's far from perfect, but considering this was a first try and I just sort of winged it, it's functional. I did use the yoke pattern piece from a commercial pattern for a pair of shorts to get the correct curve for the waistband piece, but other than that it was mostly going by eye for measurements.
I wore this out on New Year's Eve and found out a water bottle just fits into one of these pockets. I got lucky on that one and wish I'd considered it during construction.
The belt has a zippered pocket across the back and then the three you can see hanging down. It closes with velcro (as do all the pockets).
There is a significant problem with a belt like this that I'm not sure how to solve. It doesn't stay down when dancing. I had to safety pin it to my outfit. Even with belt loops on my skirt this would still be a problem because there's no way to get the belt through loops. I can't really think of a practical solution.