Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I'm actually a superhero

You know, Gosia Gal? I'm sure you've heard of her. She has the powers of... um... finding things? Yea, I'm pretty good at finding things (or remembering where they are I guess).

Anyways, this post is actually about my new utility belt! Some friends were talking about belts with pockets aka utility belts and well, I made one because that's what happens.

It's far from perfect, but considering this was a first try and I just sort of winged it, it's functional. I did use the yoke pattern piece from a commercial pattern for a pair of shorts to get the correct curve for the waistband piece, but other than that it was mostly going by eye for measurements.


I wore this out on New Year's Eve and found out a water bottle just fits into one of these pockets. I got lucky on that one and wish I'd considered it during construction.


The belt has a zippered pocket across the back and then the three you can see hanging down. It closes with velcro (as do all the pockets).




There is a significant problem with a belt like this that I'm not sure how to solve. It doesn't stay down when dancing. I had to safety pin it to my outfit. Even with belt loops on my skirt this would still be a problem because there's no way to get the belt through loops. I can't really think of a practical solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment