Sunday, June 7, 2015

What's easy, girly, and spotted all over?

If this was a crude joke, it would be some sort of female celebrity probably.

The actual answer is this skirt!




I don't have much to say about it because it's a fairly standard skirt. The fabric is something from my stash - a super swishy (read: pretty loud) synthetic that moves around very well. I saw this trim at the fabric store pretty often but never knew what I would use it for, until I remembered this polka dot fabric. It's a strip of pleated satin ribbon and organza.


I usually go for elastic waist but wanted this skirt to sit a bit smoother. There's a side zipper and a hook and bar hidden behind a button. I thought the fabric was a little thin for an actual button hole.


The pattern is a regular circle skirt cut in two pieces (front and back).


As is usual with a circle skirt, it's great for twirling!



PS. I listed this on Etsy for anyone interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment