Saturday, December 7, 2013

Fur hats - for when your hair isn't fluffy enough

Here are the other hats I cut out a couple weeks ago. These were more of a pain to make because of the fur.

The first one is a simple rectangle hat pattern (this is my favorite way to make a silly hat I think).


It's sort of a mini version of a hat I made for someone else that had 4 ears and angry eyebrows. These eyebrows aren't quite as expressive as I wanted, but oh well. I've also noticed when I make these hats out of fur they end up much smaller than expected. It's probably because the fur doesn't stretch like fleece does.

The other hat is an animal hood. I just barely had enough fabric to cut it out. Oops. I've been working out this pattern for a while now and am pretty satisfied with it at this point. The hanging side bits could have been a few inches shorter, but that's about it.



All of these hats are available on Etsy if anyone is interested.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While the jokes are running rampant in regards to the appearance of these nose socks, the organization has gained a good deal of attention and promotion for the item. If you are more curious about Testimonials then you can learn more about it on animalheadgear.com.

    ReplyDelete