Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I'm doing that thing again...

... the one where I make new clothes if I can't figure out what to wear.

I went to a new fabric store the other day, and got some super cool spandex, including this pink one. I'm planning to see Lisa Lashes (a DJ I quite like) this weekend, so I thought I'd make a little top to wear. I've made these before - they're comfortable and easy to make, and I can always use another crop top.




I made binding out of some wet-look spandex. It's a little difficult to control this binding since it's kind of sticky. I also sewed it on with a straight stitch at first, promptly ripped it in a couple places trying it on,  and re-sewed it with a zig-zag like I should have done (seen above). The inside of the top is just plain (below).


I make these tops without a pattern, just tracing a crop top for the length and width, then cutting the armholes/neckhole by eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment